Pon*tee"\, n. [F. pontil, pontis.] (Glass Making) An iron rod used by glass makers for manipulating the hot glass; -- called also, puntil, puntel, punty, and ponty. See Fascet.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
Cite This Source
Explore Dictionary.com
Previous Definition: pontederiaceae
Next Definition: pontefract
Words Near: Pontee
More from Thesaurus.com
Synonyms and Antonyms for Pontee
More from Reference.com
Search for articles containing Pontee
More from Dictionary.com Translator
Dictionary.com Word FAQs

Dictionary.com presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature