Stories We Like: Novels For Language Lovers
town, northeastern Bulgaria. It lies on the road and railway line between Varna and Constanta, Rom., and is a long-established market town. Under Turkish rule from the 15th century until 1878, the town was called Bazardzhik; after liberation it became Dobrich. While part of Romania from 1913 to 1940, it was known as Bazargic; it was renamed (1949-91) for the Soviet marshal Fyodor Ivanovich Tolbukhin, who led the invasion of the town in 1944.