Bos"tryx\, n. [NL.; irreg. fr. Gr. ? a curl.] (Bot.) A form of cymose inflorescence with all the flowers on one side of the rachis, usually causing it to curl; -- called also a uniparous helicoid cyme.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
Cite This Source
Previous Definition: bostonian
Next Definition: bosun
Words Near: bostryx
More from
Synonyms and Antonyms for bostryx
More from
Search for articles containing bostryx
More from Translator Word FAQs presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Copyright © 2014, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature