It’s about time. We are now on Instagram!
town, central Swaziland. The Great Usutu River flows south of Manzini on its way east toward the Indian Ocean, and the Malkerns irrigation scheme is to the north. It was originally called Bremersdorp, for a trader who established a store there in 1887, but it was renamed in 1960. The first administrative centre of Swaziland from 1895 to 1899, it is now an important commercial, agricultural, and industrial centre. It lies in the heavily populated Middle Veld region, where the nucleus of the Swazi nation lives. They are agriculturists cultivating corn (maize), cotton, tobacco, and some fruit. Dairy and beef cattle are also raised, and Swaziland's main meat-processing plant, creamery, grain mill, cotton ginnery, and fruit-canning factory are located in and around Manzini. An international airport is 5 miles (8 km) away. Pop. (1986) 18,084.