noun Philately.
the netlike pattern of colored lines or dots forming the background design of certain postage stamps.
Also, burelage [boor-uh-lahzh] .

< French, Old French, equivalent to burel spoke, ray, bar + -ate1

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source Link To burelage
Explore Dictionary.com
Previous Definition: burel
Next Definition: burele
Words Near: burelage
More from Thesaurus.com
Synonyms and Antonyms for burelage
More from Reference.com
Search for articles containing burelage
More from Dictionary.com Translator
Dictionary.com Word FAQs

Dictionary.com presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Related Words
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature