clotted cream

cream that has been clotted by cooking.
Also called, British, Devon cream, Devonshire cream.

1875–80 Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source Link To clotted-cream
World English Dictionary
clotted cream
(Brit) Also called: Devonshire cream a thick cream made from scalded milk, esp in SW England

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
Cite This Source
Copyright © 2014, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature