Entrance to the combination room is only obtained through favour.
The visitor may note that the moulded ceiling of the combination room extends overhead.
The combination room leads from the musicians gallery of the pleasant hall, the only instance of this arrangement in Cambridge.
A combination room opening out from the hall, and a library, were added along the south side.
A hall, combination room, and Masters room were on the west, while the chapel at the north-east angle was not built till 1535.
The hall is on the west, adjoining it is the combination room, above, the Presidents lodging with a bedchamber over it.
On the upper storey of the combination room was the masters lodge.
The rebuilding of the hall and combination room took place in 1866-70.
Among the dons the centre of social life has always been the combination room.