verb (used without object), verb (used with object), convolved, convolving.
to roll or wind together; coil; twist.

1590–1600; < Latin convolvere, equivalent to con- con- + volvere to roll, turn, twist

convolvement, noun Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source Link To convolve
World English Dictionary
convolve (kənˈvɒlv)
to wind or roll together; coil; twist
[C16: from Latin convolvere; see convolute]

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
Cite This Source
Example sentences
The convolution popup is used to convolve two sets.
Related Words
Copyright © 2014, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature