Know how to use "fewer" and "less"? Find out.
masc. proper name, from Old Norse Rannulfr "shield-wolf" and Frankish *Rannulf "raven-wolf," both brought to England by the Normans.
town (township), Norfolk county, eastern Massachusetts, U.S., 15 miles (24 km) south of Boston. Settled in 1710 as Cochato (named for the Cochato Indians), it was part of Braintree until separately incorporated in 1793. The town was renamed for Peyton Randolph, first president of the Continental Congress. Randolph developed as a shoe-manufacturing centre but is now primarily residential with retail trade, services, and some light manufacturing. It was the birthplace of Mary Wilkins Freeman, who wrote many of her stories about New England village life there. The Boston School for the Deaf was established (1899) in the town and flourished in the early 20th century. Area 10.5 square miles (27.2 square km). Pop. (1990) 30,093; (2000) 30,963.