[feys-klawth, -kloth]
noun, plural facecloths [feys-klawthz, -klothz, -klawths, -kloths] .
Also called, British, face flannel.

1595–1605; face + cloth

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source Link To face-flannel
Explore Dictionary.com
Previous Definition: face-down
Next Definition: face-gear
Words Near: face-flannel
More from Thesaurus.com
Synonyms and Antonyms for face-flannel
More from Reference.com
Search for articles containing face-flannel
More from Dictionary.com Translator
Dictionary.com Word FAQs

Dictionary.com presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature