It’s about time. We are now on Instagram!
river port, central Colombia, at the confluence of the upper Magdalena (there bridged) and Bogota rivers, opposite Flandes. The site, once a canoe outpost named Pastor Montero, was donated for the creation of San Miguel parish in 1844. Under a provincial ordinance (1852) this became a district that was named after Atanasio Girardot, hero of the Battle of Barbula (1813).