It’s about time. We are now on Instagram!
royal burgh (town), East Lothian council area and historic county, southeastern Scotland, on the left bank of the River Tyne. Lying in the direct route of English invaders from the south, the town, designated a royal burgh in 1130, was burned by forces from across the border in 1216 and again in 1244. Part of the 14th-century granite abbey church of St. Mary is now used as the parish church