The font is still used for baptisms, the present Lady chapel being also the parish church.
That it was erected for a Lady chapel there can, however, be no doubt.
The summit is exactly equidistant from the west porch and the end of the Lady chapel.
Knowle added two bays to the choir and built the Lady chapel.
Some late glass, much mutilated, may be seen in the east window of the Lady chapel.
The Lady chapel is of the same date and style, finished in 1326.
It thus appears that the south aisle of the nave was known as the Lady chapel, and that Sir William was buried there.
When in the Lady chapel Percy demanded a soft seat for Wycliffe.
His burial in the Lady chapel in the cloister has been already mentioned; see above, p. 17.
The marriage was to be made in the Lady chapel, behind the high altar.