north college hill
city, Hamilton county, extreme southwest Ohio, U.S., a residential northern suburb of Cincinnati. The first settler, probably Gershom Gard, arrived in 1795. In 1916 three subdivisions in the "Clovernook" area east of Hamilton (Meyersville, Sunshine, and Clovernook) combined to become the village of North College Hill, so named for the now-closed Farmers' College, founded in 1846 in the adjacent community of College Hill by Freeman Grant Cary. The village achieved city status in 1940. The Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (1903) is in the northern part of the city; on the grounds is Cary Cottage (National Register of Historic Places), the home of Clovernook's founders, sisters Florence and Georgia Trader. Clovernook also has a facility in Memphis, Tenn. Pop. (2000) 10,082; (2005 est.) 9,359.
Learn more about North College Hill with a free trial on Britannica.com.