Know how to use "fewer" and "less"? Find out.
city, Pulaski county, central Arkansas, U.S., on the Arkansas River opposite Little Rock. It was settled in 1812 as De Cantillon, became Huntersville in 1853, and was later renamed Argenta for the Hotel Argenta, built there in the late 1850s. The community developed after the arrival of the Memphis and Little Rock Railroad in 1853 and later became the site of the freight classification yards and maintenance shops of the Missouri Pacific (now merged with Union Pacific) Railroad. Annexed by the city of Little Rock in 1890, Argenta was separately incorporated as a town in 1901 and renamed North Little Rock. It became a city in 1904 and absorbed the town of Levy to the north in 1946.