Know how to use "fewer" and "less"? Find out.
city, northern suburb of Dallas, Dallas and Collin counties, northern Texas, U.S. The original founders settled Breckenridge township (c. 1853) south of the present city limits in what is now Restland. In 1872 Ryley and Jack Wheeler gave land for a town site and right-of-way to the Houston and Texas Central Railway, and the town was laid out and named for George Richardson, then president of the railroad. Most of the business area was rebuilt in the early 1890s after a destructive fire. Completion of the "Red Brick Road" (later the Greenville Highway) to Dallas in 1924 brought a quick increase in population. Richardson was incorporated the following year and adopted a city charter in 1956