palatoglossal arch

Medical Dictionary

palatoglossal arch n.
Either of two ridges or folds of mucous membrane passing from the soft palate to the side of the tongue and enclosing the palatoglossus muscle.

The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Cite This Source
Previous Definition: palatoglossal
Next Definition: palatoglossus muscle
Words Near: palatoglossal arch
More from
Synonyms and Antonyms for palatoglossal arch
More from
Search for articles containing palatoglossal arch Word FAQs presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Copyright © 2014, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature