Why turkey has the same name as Turkey
town, Yvelines departement, Paris region, western suburb of Paris, France. It is on the left bank of the Seine River, adjoining the Forest of Saint-Germain and just north of the Forest of Marly. The chateau of Saint-Germain and its park are next to a famous 17th-century terrace overlooking the Seine, built for Louis XIV in 1673. The 16th-century Chateau Vieux, built on the site of the original old castle, has been restored and houses the Museum of National Antiquities. The Chateau Neuf, built above the Seine in the 16th century, was the birthplace of Louis XIV. Most of it was destroyed in the late 18th century. The town is a terminus of the regional express rail service that connects the area to Paris. Pop. (1990) 39,926.