Stories We Like: Novels For Language Lovers
cabecera (county seat) and partido (county) of northeastern Gran (Greater) Buenos Aires, Argentina. It lies north of the city of Buenos Aires, in Buenos Aires provincia (province), on the Rio de la Plata estuary. Colonization of the area began with the second and permanent founding of Buenos Aires (1580). During this period the region was known as Costa de Monte Grande. In 1780 the parish of Nuestra Senora del Puerto de Las Conchas ("Our Lady of the Port of the Shells") was established. A settlement, founded in 1806 as San Fernando de Buena Vista, later became a part of the county established in 1821.