(SPI) A non-profit corporation which helps organisations develop and distribute open hardware and open software. SPI's goals are:
* to create, form and establish an organization to formulate and provide software systems for use by the general public without charge;
* to teach and train individuals regarding the use and application of such systems;
* to hold classes, seminars and workshops concerning the proper use and application of computers and computer systems;
* to endeavor to monitor and improve the quality of currently existing publicly available software;
* to support, encourage and promote the creation and development of software available to the general public;
* to provide information and education regarding the proper use of the Internet;
* to organize, hold and conduct meetings, discussions and forums on contemporary issues concerning the use of computers and computer software;
* to foster, promote and increase access to software systems available to the general public;
* to solicit, collect and otherwise raise money and to expend such funds in furtherance of the goals and activities of the corporation;
* to aid, assist, cooperate, co-sponsor and otherwise engage in concerted action with private, educational and governmental organisations and associations on all issues and matters concerning the use of computers and computer software and;
* generally to endeavor to promote, foster and advance interest in computers and computer software by all available means and methods.
SPI currently supports Berlin
, Open Source
SPI Home (http://spi-inc.org/).