Check out new words added to Dictionary.com
1. Synchronous Programming Language. A DSP language. "Introduction to the SPL Compiler", Computalker Consultants, 1986.
2. Space Programming Language. Realtime language used by the US Air Force for aerospace software. Aka SPL/J6. Similar to JOVIAL. "Space Programming Language Development", SAMSO TP 70-325, System Development Corp (Sep 1970). (See CLASP).
3. System Programming Language. HP, 1977. An ALGOL-like language for the HP3000 computer allowing inline assembly code. MPE, the OS for the HP3000 was written in SPL. Pub.No.30000-90024, HP. See also SPLash!.
4. Systems Programming Language.
PRIME Computer, 80's. A variant of PL/I used on PRIME computers. PL/I subset G, less I/O plus a few extensions. SPL User's Reference Guide, Prime. (See PL/P.)
5. Systems Programming Language.
A PL/I subset/extension for the P1000.
D.B. Wortman, U Toronto.
Philips Data Sys, Netherlands, 1971.
Symbolic constants, pointer arithmetic, inline assembly code. Used to implement compilers, operating systems, and database.
["Experiences With SPL", J. Klunder in Machine Oriented Higher Level Languages, W. van der Poel, N-H 1974, pp. 385-393].
[Can 4 and 5 be the same?]
6. Student Programming Language.
A translator-interpreter for a dialect of PL/I.
7. Set Priority Level