noun Printing.
a small device for holding a few lines of type, used in stamping titles on book covers, or the like.
Also called pallet.

type + holder

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source Link To type-holder
Explore Dictionary.com
Previous Definition: type-high
Next Definition: type-locality
Words Near: type-holder
More from Thesaurus.com
Synonyms and Antonyms for type-holder
More from Reference.com
Search for articles containing type-holder
More from Dictionary.com Translator
Dictionary.com Word FAQs

Dictionary.com presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature