verre eglomise


verre eglomise

(French: "Glomyized glass"), glass engraved on the back that has been covered by unfired painting or, usually, gold or silver leaf. The method owes its name to Jean-Baptiste Glomy (d. 1786), a French picture framer who used the process in glass mounts.

Learn more about verre eglomise with a free trial on

Encyclopedia Britannica, 2008. Encyclopedia Britannica Online.
Cite This Source
Previous Definition: verrazzano
Next Definition: verrel
Words Near: verre eglomise
More from
Synonyms and Antonyms for verre eglomise
More from
Search for articles containing verre eglomise
More from Translator Word FAQs presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Copyright © 2014, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature