Last revised: December 04, 2012
Dictionary.com App End User License Agreement
This End User License ("License") is between you and Dictionary.com, LLC ("Dictionary.com") and governs your use of the Dictionary.com application (the "App"). The Dictionary.com App allows you to use certain aspects of Dictionary.com's service, available at www.Dictionary.com as well as certain specific features only available through the App (the "Service").
1. Parties. This License is between you and Dictionary.com only, and not with the app distributor or operating system of your mobile device (e.g. Apple, Android, Amazon, Nokia, Samsung or Microsoft). Dictionary.com, not these companies, is solely responsible for the App and its content. Depending on your mobile device operating system or the App distributor and theirs applicable app store terms of service, your mobile device operator or App distributor may have the right to enforce this License against you as a third party beneficiary.
2. Terms of Service. Your use of the Service through the App is subject to the Dictionary.com Terms of Service (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/terms.html) which is made a part of this License.
Dictionary.com makes the following App-specific privacy disclosures:
Dictionary.com may collect and use information related your device, such as the unique device ID ("UDID"), the device type, operating system, and carrier information. Dictionary.com may collect and store information about your activities on the app and online/offline status and tie that information to your UDID. Dictionary.com may share such information with vendors who power certain features of the App such as voice recognition or push notifications, and with analytics vendors who help us better understand our App user demographics. Advertisers and advertising networks that place ads in the App may also collect, store and use your information about your usage of the App, your general geographic area and interaction with ads and to link this data with your UDID for their own usage, including targeting ads to you.
Depending on the particular App and operating system of your mobile device (iOS, for example), Dictionary.com may use an "IFA" or "IDFA," ("identifier for advertising") a random, anonymous number that is temporarily assigned to a user and their device. Advertisers and advertising networks may use this identifier to offer custom or targeted ads to you.
Depending on the particular App, Dictionary.com may collect and store your exact geographic location information to power the "Nearby Words" feature, which allows App users to see what words are searched by other App users located in the same area. We may share this information with advertisers and advertising networks to target advertisements to you based on your geographic location.
If you interacted with one of our mobile ads promoting the App, we may have used an ad tag in order to recognize you when you install the App. We do this to measure the performance of our ad campaigns.
4. Limited License. Dictionary.com grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, revocable license to use the App for your personal, non-commercial purposes. You may only use the App on a device that you own or control and as permitted by the terms of service of the app store where you may have downloaded the app. If you purchase the App using a Windows Live ID, you may install the App on up to five (5) mobile devices associated with your Windows Live ID at no extra charge.
5. Warranty. The App is provided on an "AS IS" basis. As such, Dictionary.com disclaims all warranties about the Dictionary.com App to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the extent any warranty exists under law that cannot be disclaimed, Dictionary.com, not the app distributor or operating system of your mobile device, shall be solely responsible for such warranty.
6. Maintenance and Support. Dictionary.com provides limited support for the App. To the extent that any maintenance or support is required by applicable law, Dictionary.com, not the app distributor or operating system of your mobile device, shall be obligated to furnish any such maintenance or support.
7. Third Party Intellectual Property Claims. Dictionary.com shall not be obligated to indemnify or defend you with respect to any third party claim arising out or relating to the Dictionary.com App. To the extent Dictionary.com is required to provide indemnification by applicable law, Dictionary.com, not the app distributor or operating system of your mobile device, shall be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any claim that the Dictionary.com App or your use of it infringes any third party intellectual property right.
8. Product Claims.. Dictionary.com, not the app distributor or operating system of your mobile device, is responsible for addressing any claims by you relating to the Dictionary.com App or use of it, including, but not limited to: (i) any product liability claim; (ii) any claim that the Dictionary.com App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) any claim arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Nothing in this License shall be deemed an admission that you may have such claims.
9. U.S. Legal Compliance. You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
10. Contact Information. Should you have any questions, complaints, or claims relating to the Dictionary.com App, please contact us at email@example.com.