Dictionary.com Word FAQs

Where can I find a word if I know the meaning, like finding the specific name for a scientist who studies moss?

The best way to find this is through a reverse lookup or in a reverse dictionary. If you have a CD-ROM of a dictionary, you could search within definitions for the word moss. Other than these methods, it is very difficult - even in a search engine - to word a query in such a way that you will find the word easily. By the way, the study of moss and bryophytes is bryology; the scientist would be a bryologist.

Copyright © 2015 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
About Term Privacy Careers Apps Feedback