Dictionary.com Translator Help
- Why have I found a grammatical or other error in the translation produced by your translator?
- How much text can I translate at one time?
- Why does the translator only translate part of the text I entered?
- How do I produce special characters, such as accents or other marks?
- Can I translate to or from any other languages besides those listed?
- I have a question or comment about the translator not covered above
The translator will not produce a perfect translation. In most cases it should give you a good understanding of the general sense of the original; however, it is not a substitute for a competent human translator.
The translator is not recommended for homework or other situations where it is essential to avoid all errors.
How much text can I translate at one time?
The translator can translate up to about 5K of text at a time (1000 characters, about 800 words or two standard, double-spaced pages). If you enter text that exceeds the limit, the translator will translate up to the limit.
Why does the translator only translate part of the text I entered?
- Under the "Start" menu, choose "Help."
- Type "special characters"
- Select the topic "Inserting a special character in a document" and follow the instructions.
- Under the "Help" menu in Finder, select "Help Center."
- Type "special characters" and press the search button.
- Click on "Typing accents and special characters" and follow the instructions.
No, the only languages available are those you see in the language selector. No other languages are currently planned.
We appreciate your feedback on the translator, but please note the translator is produced by Systran, not by us; we simply license it and make it available on our Web site. Thus we are unable to add languages or make changes in the translations, for example. To send us feedback about the Translator, click here.