It’s about time. We are now on Instagram!
cathedral town, Powys county, historic county of Brecknockshire, Wales, on the River Usk at its confluence with the Honddu and Tarell. The town grew up around a Norman castle built in 1092. The Benedictine Priory of St. John was founded about the same time; the former priory church, dating from the 13th century, became in 1923 the cathedral for the newly constituted diocese of Swansea and Brecon of the Church in Wales.