The chapter-house opens upon the eastern alley of the cloister.
From 1547 to 1863, the chapter-house was used as a storehouse for the public records.
In abbey-churches of the olden time the chapter-house was always on the east side of the court.
He had strong wine of doctrine for the chapter-house, milk for the auditorium.
Naturally enough it must pass—cloisters and chapter-house show signs of the times all too clearly.
He pointed to a stone slab on the floor of the chapter-house.
The doorway into the chapter-house is one of the great glories of the Cathedral.
A passage often separated the chapter-house from this building.
What has Locke to do in the chapter-house of a set of ancient friars?
The meeting in the chapter-house we must not omit to describe.