What's the "een" in Halloween?
city, seat (1867) of Johnson county, north-central Texas, U.S. Lying about 25 miles (40 km) south of Fort Worth, it is situated between the Grand Prairie and Blackland Prairie regions. Named for General Patrick Ronayne Cleburne of the Confederate army, it developed as a processing-shipping point for mixed farming (peanuts [groundnuts], sweet potatoes, livestock, dairy products, and poultry). Part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area, the city experienced rapid growth in the 1980s, when it underwent a burst of industrial development; the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway has maintenance and construction shops there that also contribute to the economy. Comanche Peak nuclear power plant in Glen Rose is a major local employer. Southwestern Adventist University is just to the northeast in Keene, and Cleburne State Park is about 10 miles (16 km) southwest. Inc. 1871. Pop. (1990) 22,205; (2000) 26,005.