noun Nautical.
a very large quadrilateral staysail set between the foremast and mainmast of a schooner.

origin uncertain

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source Link To gollywobbler
Explore Dictionary.com
Previous Definition: golly-wobbler
Next Definition: goloe-shoe
Words Near: gollywobbler
More from Thesaurus.com
Synonyms and Antonyms for gollywobbler
More from Reference.com
Search for articles containing gollywobbler
More from Dictionary.com Translator
Dictionary.com Word FAQs

Dictionary.com presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature