Stories We Like: A Guide to the Comma
port of Edinburgh, lying north of the city centre on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth. It is part of the council area of the City of Edinburgh, in the historic county of Midlothian, southeastern Scotland. Leith was once an independent town, and before the railway era it was the chief port of entry for travelers to Scotland. Mary, Queen of Scots, landed and stayed there at Lamb's House on her return to Scotland (1561). Leith was incorporated into Edinburgh in 1920, and its port is now part of the Forth Ports Authority.