[mil-bawrd, -bohrd]
noun Bookbinding.
a strong, thick pasteboard used to make book covers.

1705–15; mill(ed) + board Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source Link To millboard
World English Dictionary
millboard (ˈmɪlˌbɔːd)
strong pasteboard, used esp in book covers
[C18: changed from milled board]

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
Cite This Source
Example sentences
Paper, millboard, or cement sheets used to protect walls and floors around wood-burning stoves.
Cement sheet, millboard, and paper used as insulation around furnaces and wood-burning stoves.
Related Words
Copyright © 2014, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature