noun Printing.
a small device for holding a few lines of type, used in stamping titles on book covers, or the like.
Also called pallet.

type + holder

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source Link To typeholder
Explore Dictionary.com
Previous Definition: typehigh
Next Definition: typeout
Words Near: typeholder
More from Thesaurus.com
Synonyms and Antonyms for typeholder
More from Reference.com
Search for articles containing typeholder
More from Dictionary.com Translator
Dictionary.com Word FAQs

Dictionary.com presents 366 FAQs, incorporating some of the frequently asked questions from the past with newer queries.

Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature